The theoretical portion of 200 YTTC is primarily designed in sync with standard parameter of Yoga Alliance, USA. Our theory portion aims at introducing you to the classical lore of yoga & spiritual wisdom which helps to enhance the contemplative & philosophical acumen. You will learn the broader concept of yoga in traditional and contemporary aspects.
200 hour YTTC: Yoga Philosophy
- Hatha Yoga “Pradipika” : Deals with preparatory process for advance stage of yoga and meditation. It works on the level of body, senses & vital energy (prana) comprising activities known as asanas, pranayama, mudra, bandhas & satkarma
- Patanjali Yoga “Sutras” : These sutras propound the philosophy of Raj Yoga based on subtle & profound psychological insights. It mainly deals with various stages of meditation beginning with retention (dharana), concentration (dhyana) and Super-conscious absorption (Samadhi)
Introductory Lessons in Vedanta
Vedanta is pinnacle of spiritual wisdom of India, mainly laid down in texts such as Upanishad and Bhagwad Gita. Teachings of Vedanta provide speculative and contemplative space to marinate with the help of yoga into the sky of unbounded awareness of non-dual Reality.
Introductory Lessons in Tantra
Tantra is an all-accepting and life-positive approach to spirituality. It harnesses creative and aesthetical dimensions of our being to raise higher level of consciousness. Tantra also works on energy centers existing in our body known as chakras. Activation of these chakras opens up infinite possibilities of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual being.
It uses the principles and practices of Vedic philosophy and psychology to offers guidance on how to find one’s unique purpose in life that is in harmony with the entire cosmos. It leads the practitioner into self-awareness, helps in tapping and harnessing their own infinite potential, and provides ways on how live an authentic life of overall abundance and fulfillment.
Anatomy and Physiology
While Anatomy is the study of the structure and relationship between body parts, Physiology is the study of the function of body parts and the body as a whole. The following systems are covered under this study-
- Circulatory system
- Skeletal system
- Digestive system
- Muscular system
- Cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Nervous system
- Urinary system
- Reproductive system
- Endocrine system
Special Guest Lecture on Ayurveda
- Basic understanding of Ayurveda
- Knowing your body type
- Specific diet & home-remedies
- Use of herbal/medicinal plants