The preliminary kundalini yoga course in Rishikesh will run for 10 days with major attention on self-purification by self-practice under guru guidance. As the yoga evolves out of self-practice, we will focus on techniques of kundalini yoga for each practitioner. The philosophy class will be centred around hatha yoga, meditation on seven chakras and traditional kundalini yoga philosophy.
Kundalini Yoga Techniques Include:
- Selected hatha yoga asanas
- Purifying three nadis process
- Focus, attention & concentration
- Shifting awareness from outward towards inward
- Purification of seven chakras
- Practice of seed mantras
Hatha Yoga Kriya
It is traditional techniques which involves specific asana of hatha yoga where you learn stability and also open the passage for the flow of energy. It prepare for expanding your consciousness from outer to inward.
- Practice one-hour daily 12-15 selected asanas
- Practice of sun salutation
- Selected asanas for breath awareness
- Awareness shift from gross to subtle
- Developing long-sitting stability/stamina
It is a yogic breathing for three hours at two different levels—-one is normal pranayama kriya & other advance yogic breathing. It will bring rhythm in inhalation/exhalation by clearing nasal passage. You have to practice with long sitting for pranic kriya.
- Ascending of “prana” (vital energy)
- Correct way of inhalation/exhalation and retention
- Purifying three major nadis
- Develop inner & outer retention
- Balancing slow & fast breathing
Improving Focus, Awareness & Concentration
You will focus your attention and move towards one-pointed concentration. You will be aware of internal & external happenings without sense of attachment or identification. You will drift from outer to inward with tab on every fluctuation
- Controlling your wandering mind by awareness
- Entering meditation via focus & concentration
- You become aware of your thoughts & actions
- Detach yourself from mundane life
- Liberate yourself from the limitations of mind & body
Gesture & Locking Energy (Mudras & bandhas)
It is a traditional technique. Length of time for holding mudra & bandha is significant in kundalini yoga. Their combination with pranayama & meditation also plays a decisive role. You redirect all the energy for stirring the kundalinin shakti.
- Understanding role of gesture in kundalini yoga
- Lock the energy, position & duration of time with seed mantra
- Develops awareness of the flow of prana in body
- During pran kriya, balance of subtle energy
- Mudras & bandhas help activation of chakras
Chakra Meditation Techniques
This meditation is done with chanting of seed mantras for each location of seven chakras. You have to meditate on the colour and symbolism of petals for each chakra. The duration and the position of sitting will be taught here.
- Understanding symbol of chakra
- Chakra purification process
- Be aware to each chakra
- Feeling its existence in subtle body
- Interconnection of chakras
This is one and half hour kundalini yoga with traditional yogic techniques. With the blessings and guidance of guru, you will go simultaneous activation of seven chakras. The connection between awareness & consciousness will be strengthened to deeper level.
- Balancing your level of energies
- Purification of internal body
- Burnika, charnika & tendon kriya
- Removing negativity for positive transformation
- A positive aura will develop
Theoretical Aspects of Kundalini Yoga Techniques
Theory aspect of kundalini yoga aids in the better preparation for the practice of kundalini yoga. It is traditional yoga based on the transformation of knowledge from guru to disciples. Hatha yoga helps to understand your potential of mental & physical energy. Kundalini yoga helps to transcend the limitations or boundaries of body & mind.
- What is traditional hatha yoga
- Hatha yoga as spiritual science
- Role of asana, pranayama, bandha, mudra & shatkarma
- Physical movement to cross limitations
- Traditional method for cleansing
- Removal of fickleness in mind & body
What is Kundalini Yoga?
- Kundalini & prana shakti
- Role of guru in stirring kundalini
- Location & function of chakras
- Chanting of seed mantra
Nadi & Pranayama
- Forceful pranayama for inner purification
- Free-flowing prana in subtle tubes
- Pranayama & its role in kundalini yoga
- Purification of prana-shakti