The preliminary kundalini yoga is 10 days long course practiced in backdrop of strong spiritual surroundings of Rishikesh under the supervision of guru. What you taught in theoretical session will be in balance with practical session. Every day will be learning day with new experiences & new feelings with gradual purification in subtle channels of energy.
- Asanas for physical stability
- Purifying nadis through breathing
- Purification of seven chakras
- Mantras chanting for inner purification
Classical Yoga Kriya
It is traditional techniques which involves specific asana of hatha yoga where you learn stability and also open the passage for the flow of energy. It prepare for expanding your consciousness from outer to inward.
- One-hour yogic poses
- Standing & relaxing asanas
- Stability & stamina of body
- Meditative sitting asanas
- Sustain mind-body bond
Infuse your pranic body with different levels of yogic breathing to understand your inherent potential. Bringing divine rhythm in your incoming and outgoing breath will stir the seven sheaths of your existence. You will go through mystic experience of inner stirring.
- Removing nasal blockages
- Rhythmic yogic breathing
- Purification of mind/thought
- Develop inner & outer retention
- Balancing slow & fast breathing
You will start with simple focussing your mind on any external or internal object/subject. The world will drop from your mind. The five senses start shrinking as you delve deeper in kundalini sadhna (penance). The mind drifts towards your inherent energy of infinite possibility. There will be no dual thoughts or fluctuation in mind.
- Controlling your wandering mind by awareness
- You become aware of your thoughts & actions
- Detach yourself from mundane life
- Liberate yourself from the limitations of mind & body
- Be a spectator of your own thoughts & actions
Gesture & Locking Energy
These are traditional technique in kundalini yoga. The guidance of guru is must to lock the spiritual energy from leaking or wasting or directing towards inner awakening. It redirect all the energy for stirring the kundalinin shakti at its base chakra.
- Expressive yogic gesture
- Locking powerful energy
- Develops awareness of prana
- During pran kriya, balance of subtle energy
- Mudras & bandhas connection with chakras
Meditating on Chakra
This meditation is done with chanting of seed mantras for each location of seven chakras. You have to visualize colour and meditate on colourful petals for each chakra.
- Understanding symbol of chakra
- Chakra purification process
- Be aware to each chakra
- Feeling its existence in subtle body
- Removing blockages in chakras
This is one and half hour kundalini yoga with traditional yogic techniques. With the blessings and guidance of guru, you will go simultaneous activation of seven chakras. The connection between awareness & consciousness will be strengthened to deeper level.
- Balancing your level of energies
- Purification of internal body
- Burnika, charnika & tendon (tadan) kriya
- Removing negativity for positive transformation
- A positive aura will develop
Like pure science which works on logic & proof, the science of kundalini yoga relies on personal belief and your commitment. You have to transcend your mind, body and five senses to understand your kundalini shakti. It is traditional yoga passed on from generation to generation orally from guru to disciples (via speaking & listening).
Kundalini Yoga: Concept & Theory
- What is kundalini?
- Interconnections between chakras & nadis
- Vital force & chakras
- Third eye or intuition in kundalini
- Understanding subtle & gross existence
- Role of guru in kundalini kriya
Time & Diet
- Right time for yogic action
- Duration for chakra meditation
- What to eat & what to avoid
- Attuning with new location/time zone